Monday, April 20, 2009

catalyst for change


I've had a few catalysts of change surface in my life, some more bold than others. A couple years ago I snapped into a vegetarian lifestyle. All it took was eating a hotdog at Wrigley Stadium.
It was a perfect August summer day and I was enjoying a Cub's game with my friends. Eddie Vedder sang at the seventh inning stretch, and I decided I was going to try one of the infamous Chicago sausages. When in Rome, but Chicago style.
I got myself a loaded saucy on a bun, fixed it up just right, and proceeded to eat it while the Cubs got their asses handed to them by the Mets. In terms of a taste sensation, it was certainly lack luster. The flavor of the dish was very 'weinery' with a hint of 'processed meat'.
There wasn't a whole lot of enjoyment with the weiner, despite my enthusiasm. And later, when I broke out into a rash, I realized that I'm just not cut out for this hotdog eatin' lifestyle. Eff that, as my friend Leash would say. "And she never touched a hotdog again". the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment